29 Mar 2017

#1 REVIEW: ESSENCE LONG LASTING EYE PENCIL


Being a newbie blogger, I have been very confused as to what I should review first.
So, I decided to track back in time and since I am SUCH a make up fanatic!
I would review my very first make up product, which sparked my interest into the world of makeup...

 
THE ESSENCE LONG LASTING EYE PENCIL


I have been using this product for about 7 years now and it's one of those products, that I will not leave the house without using. Basically, my holy grail product.

Eye pencils or kohl pencils bring out the eyes and enhance the beauty of the eyes. Heres a bit about the actual product...

It is conveniently packaged in a narrow pencil-like design making it user-friendly and travel-friendly. It is retractable as it has a twisting mechanism which releases the product as you twist it.
It also has a lid which seals tight to ensure that there isn't any damage to the pencil or wastage of product. 



With regard to application, it applies on smoothly and provides a deep black colour when you first apply it, however as the day progresses it does fade and you will need to re-apply.
It is has a soft smooth texture for precise application and you won't have to worry about poking your eye whilst applying it on.
You can apply as many layers as you like depending on how dark you want the liner to be.
It applies on matte and the tip does not break upon application.
The shade I love using is called, black fever.



My overall impression of the product is best explained by pointing out the Pros and Cons of this beauty.

The Cons:
The only flaw or downside I could find with this product is that if the lid is not on, the texture of the eye pencil dries out and you can no longer apply it as dark or as smoothly as normal.


The Pros however are as follows:

- There are multiple uses with this product.
I personally have only used black fever and I use it as kajal under my eyes, but it can also be used as a matte eyeliner, lash filler etc. 


-The texture of the product is soft and smooth.
I use contact lenses and I tend to encounter products which cause  a burning or irritation sensation to my eyes, however, this product is safe for sensitive eyes. 


-All essence cosmetics products are not tested on animals which is a major pro.


-It comes in a variety of colours.
There are 8 different shade: black fever, cool dawn, hot chocolate, i have a green, tu-tu-torquoise, lucky lead,c'est la vie! and say hi light. 

-It has a shelf life for 36 months (3 years).


-Affordable

If you would like to try out this essence beauty,then pop into your nearest Clicks or Dischem store. It retails for R29.95 which is super affordable considering the prices of other eye pencils.




No comments:

Post a Comment